- Da Nang: Learning from the experience of Yokohama city (Japan) in urban development
- Da Nang wins IBM grant to become smart city
- Da Nang chosen to be model low-carbon city
- Japan sharing experience on environmental management and waste treatment
- Da Nang increases waste treatment cooperation with Swedish city
At the workshop, the two cities shared environmental protection activities in these cities and agreed in some orientations. Despite some differences in their environmental problems and protection plans, Da Nang and Luang Prabang are now focusing on developing into environmentally friendly cities aiming towards sustainable development in the future.
In the framework of ASEAN Environmentally Sustainable Cities (ESC) Model Cities Programme, the Da Nang Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Japan’s Institute for Global Environmental Strategies and Luang Prabang city delegation (Laos) organized a workshop to exchange experiences in the field of environment between Luang Prabang and Da Nang.
The director of the Department of Natural Resources and Environment Nguyen Dieu said that the “Building Da Nang into an Environmentally-friendly City” project has received participation and support of local people as well as international organizations including supports from IGES through Environmentally Sustainable Cities Model Cities Programme.